- Applicants must be a resident of Cherry County or a student enrolled in a Cherry County high school.
- Scholarship candidates can be a graduating high school senior, a student currently attending college or vocational school, or a non-traditional student pursuing additional education.
- Candidates must meet certain criteria for the scholarship they are applying for and complete its application correctly and in its entirety.
- Scholarship selection can be based on: Financial need, school and community activities, educational and future goals and academic and athletic achievement.
- Scholarships will be awarded for educational expenses to any accredited college, university, junior-college, vocational school or institution offering accredited nursing degrees.
- All scholarship applications are subject to a Sandhills Area Foundation Scholarship Committee review and will be awarded on an objective and nondiscriminatory basis.
- Please note that all scholarships are competitive. The Sandhills Area Foundation Scholarship Committee may not award scholarships to all who submit an application.
The Sandhills Area Foundation is proud to support their community with these scholarship opportunities and encourage all that are interested to
Scholarship Applications (Available NOW)
Scholarship Deadlines are February 15
SAF Application & Guidelines
Ron Billings Memorial Scholarship
Ted Weldon Memorial Scholarship
Chet Van Winkle Memorial Scholarship
For further information, please feel free to contact
Past Scholarship Winners
2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009,
2007, 2006, 2005